In His earthly ministry Christ worked out a pattern for His followers to copy. He “went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed” (Acts 10:38). Christ identified with the poor and oppressed. “He fed the hungry and healed the sick... By the good He accomplished, by His loving words and kindly deeds, He interpreted the Gospel to men,” comments Ellen White. “Christ’s work in behalf of man is not finished. It continues today. In like manner His ambassadors are to preach the gospel and to reveal His pitying love for lost and perishing souls. By an unselfish interest in those who need help they are to give a practical demonstration of the truth of the gospel” (Welfare Ministry, pages 56-57).
When a church serves the world it is an expression of the love of Christ to the world. It is the body of Christ serving the world’s needs and being used by the Holy Spirit as an agency of salvation.
The church was created for service. It serves the Lord in praise, serves one another in love, and serves the world in humility. “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works” (Ephesians 2:10).
- Also known as the Dorcas Society. Reference Acts 9: 36-41
- Operated by the McBride Seventh Day Adventist Church for over 70 years
- Located at 1075 Lamming Pit Rd, McBride BC
- Open Tuesdays from 1-3 pm
- Offering used clothing and house wares free of charge
- Also accepting donations of clean, useable clothing and house wares
- Contact is Terri Spangler: 250-569-2479
McBride Seventh Day Adventist Church Food Bank:
- Operated by the McBride Seventh Day Adventist Church since 2001
- Available to anyone needing help with food
- Located at 852- 2nd Ave, McBride BC Entrance at left of building in the basement
- Call to book a confidential appointment
- Contact is Julie Holland : 250-569-3186 or 250-569-7436
In 2020 the McBride SDA Church Food Bank received funding from:
- BC Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist Church - Reach BC & Yukon – Ministries of Compassion Grant
- Emergency Community Support Fund / Community Foundations of Canada
- McBride Elks Lodge
- McBride Community Foundation Endowment Fund
- Brookfield Renewable
We also received many donations from local businesses, clubs and individuals. Because of these kind donations, we were able to help 88 adults and 22 children in 2020 with 186 hampers.
If you would like to make a donation of food items, there are drop boxes located at the local Post Office and AG Foods.
If you would like to make a monetary donation there are two ways you can give:
- Online giving - On this site go to the home page, click the online giving tab, under Local Church enter your donation by Community Services (Food Bank), follow the prompts. You will receive a tax deductible receipt at year end.
- By cheque – Must be made payable to The McBride Seventh Day Adventist Church. Mail to Box 397, McBride BC V0J 2E0. Please indicate it is for the food bank and include your full name, address and phone number so we can issue a tax deductible receipt at the end of the year.
100 % of donations made to the Food Bank will be used toward the food bank program.